March 17, 2021
Public Hearing for a Zoning Text Amendment
Wednesday, March 17, 2021
NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
PUBLIC NOTICE is hereby given to all persons concerned that on the 17th day of March, 2021 at 7:00 p.m., the Plan Commission of the City of Batavia will meet and a Public Hearing will be held Public Hearing will be held pursuant to Chapters 5.2 and 5.7 of the Batavia Zoning Code (City Code Title 10) to consider amendments to the text of the Zoning Code, Title 10 of the Batavia City Code. The proposed text amendments would amend the following Chapters or Sections:
• Table 2.403 to add Brewery as a Permitted Use in the DMU Downtown Mixed-Use District, subject to certain limitations.
• Tables 2.303, 2.403, 2.603 and Chapter 4.1: Site Regulations to add a specific use and requirements for Vehicle Towing Operations
• Section 4.06.B and its subsections to modify the text to allow wall signs for businesses without street frontages in the DMU District and to modify existing requirements for Projecting Signs in the DMU District
• Section 5.404 to revise the expiration after an effective date of an approved Conditional Use
• Chapter 6: Glossary, to add, modify or remove certain terms related to these actions.
The City of Batavia, 100 N. Island Ave., Batavia, IL 60510 is the applicant for this request.
Pursuant to Governor Pritzker’s Executive Order 2021-04 in effect when publication of this legal notice was requested, the Plan Commission meeting which this advertised Public Hearing will be conducted virtually via electronic means. The meeting’s agenda will be posted a minimum of 72 hours before the meeting at: www.cityofbatavia.net/agendacenter and the posted agenda will provide instruction on how one may attend and participate in the virtual meeting and public hearing. Public comments may also be e-mailed to email@example.com prior to the meeting for entry into the hearing public record.
Other Zoning Code Chapters may be amended to accommodate references to amended Chapters. Information for the proposed amendments to the Zoning Code is available for review at the Community Development Department in the City of Batavia Municipal Building, 100 N. Island Avenue, Batavia, IL, when open to the public during normal business hours or at the City’s website. The proposed amendment may be changed, altered, modified, amended, or redrafted in its entirety after the public hearing, for consideration at subsequent open meetings. All interested persons are requested to attend said Hearing. For more information call 630-454-2700.
Tom Gosselin, Chair
Batavia Plan Commission