- City Government
- City Departments
- Community & Economic Development
- Planning & Zoning
- Planning & Zoning Applications
Planning & Zoning Applications
These applications are for projects that involve a public hearing or meeting process before the Plan Commission or City Council. Please contact the Community & Economic Development Department's Planning and Zoning Division for assistance with projects that require these applications. Staff will inform you of when these applications are required.
- Proposed Development Plan Review and Pre-Development Checklist (PDF) - City Staff offers a Pre-Development Project Review to potential applicants to discuss and review projects. Contact Planning Division staff to arrange a meeting to review a proposed project. This checklist includes the basic information that should be submitted with any Pre-Development Project Review.
- Planning and Zoning Fee Schedule - This fee schedule lists the application fees for Planning and Zoning Applications.
- Annexation Petition (PDF) - Application to annex property into the city.
- Comprehensive Plan Amendment (PDF) - Application to request a text or map change for the Comprehensive Plan
- Use Permits (PDF) - Certain uses in zoning districts require special approval. This application is required to request approval of any of these uses through the Conditional Use or Administrative Use process.
- Design Review (PDF) - Required for any new non-single family residential construction, expansion or re-design for multi-family, commercial or industrial building. All design review applications are to comply with the Standard Design Review Criteria for Commercial and Institutional Projects (PDF), the Standard Design Review Criteria for Industrial Projects (PDF) and Multifamily Design Guidelines (PDF), as adopted by the Batavia Plan Commission.
- Administrative Design Review (PDF) - Administrative Design Review is a streamlined design review process for minor projects such as signage, certain types of screening fences and small building additions and modifications to existing approvals.
- Zoning Map Amendment (PDF) - This application is required for a request to change a zoning district or add a Planned Development or other Overlay District on a property.
- Subdivision (PDF) - This application is required for either a preliminary or final plat of subdivision.
- Variance (PDF) - This application is to request a variance from the Zoning Code.
- Zoning Appeals (PDF) - This form is for a request to appeal a decision of staff, the Plan Commission or the Board of Appeals.
The City of Batavia offers a number of matching grant opportunities to support existing and new businesses. All programs are overseen by the Community and Economic Development Department. Awards are subject to available funding and City Council approval.
Learn more about those programs and the approval process.