Residential Services FAQs
- Who do I call?
- Who takes care of the trees in the parkway?
- When is brush picked up by the city?
- How does the snow removal process work? Are there parking restrictions?
- When are fire hydrants flushed?
- Does the city have watering restrictions?
- Does the city require me to purchase vehicle stickers?
- Am I required to license my pets?
- How much does it cost for commercial electricity, water, and sewer services?
- How much does it cost for residential electricity, water, and sewer services?
- Can I pay my utility bill electronically?
- Can I view my Utility Bill online?
- How are code violations discovered?
- How do I notify the city about a possible code violation?
- What is the procedure for following up on possible code violations?
- What penalties results from code violations?
- What time should my trash be out?
- What is the largest can size I can use?
- Do I need to separate my recyclables?
- How can I dispose of large items or construction debris?
- Is there a limit on the amount of recyclables that can be placed out each week for collection?
- How can I dispose of white goods or appliances?
- How can I dispose of an old toilet?
- What can I do with cans of old paint?
- Are Styrofoam and packing peanuts recyclable?
- How can I dispose of old carpet or wood?
- Why is my refuse and recycling put together in the truck?
- Do I need to rinse containers and remove labels? What about pizza boxes?
- How can I recycle batteries?
- When are engineering inspections required?
- When are permits required?
- What aspects of the City Code is the Community Development Department responsible for enforcing?
- What is zoning?
- What is my property zoned? What regulations must I follow?
- Is my property conforming or non-conforming? What does this mean?
- I own a business and would like to display a temporary sign: do I need a permit?
- What is annexation?
- Is my property in the City of Batavia?
- What are TIF Districts?
- Is my property in a TIF District?