The Building Division reviews building permit applications, inspect construction work, and provide technical assistance to residents and contractors. The Building Division issues Certificates of Occupancy for newly occupied buildings.
The City of Batavia Building Division has prepared informational handouts for several types of projects as a guide to requirements for all projects. These are intended to act as a summary of the City of Batavia ordinances affecting construction of different projects. They do not represent or replace the actual ordinance language and every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy and timeliness of this information. You are encouraged to consult the Building Division whenever in doubt as to any requirements or procedure.
Adopted Building Codes
The City of Batavia adopted the following code series effective April 1, 2007.View the following links to view the approval ordinance which lists the local code amendments:
- 2005 National Electric Code (PDF)
- 2006 International Building Code (PDF)
- 2006 International Fire Code (PDF)
- 2006 International Fuel Gas Code (PDF)
- 2006 International Mechanical Code (PDF)
- 2015 International Property Maintenance Code (PDF) - Effective April 10, 2016
- 2006 International Residential Code (PDF)
- 2018 International Energy Conservation Code, as adopted and amended by the State of Illinois (PDF)
- 2014 Illinois Plumbing Code
- Monday - Saturday: 7 a.m. - 9 p.m.
- Sunday: 8 a.m. - 9 p.m.
Building Inspectors Hours
- Monday - Friday: 8 a.m. - 3 p.m.