The progression of construction generally follows the steps below:
1. The sidewalk and curb identified for replacement are removed and barricades are placed in the construction area. If any portions of the adjacent driveway need to be removed for construction, they may also be removed at this time.
2. The contractor then installs wood forms, pours and “finishes” the new concrete.
3. Within a day or two, when the concrete has hardened, the forms are removed.
4. Asphalt repairs to the driveway and street are then completed.
5. Any disturbed parkway areas are then restored with topsoil and seed.
6. If any part of the work does not pass City inspection, the contractor must come back to correct the deficiency.