The City of Batavia is committed to the principles of open government and strives to provide information requested by the public in a timely manner. The City provides a large amount of frequently requested information on its website for ease of access to the public:
· The City’s Calendar contains links to all available meeting minutes and agendas going back to January of 2006. Each agenda in this section generally contains links with pdf copies of every piece of legislation under consideration and the staff memorandum describing that item. If you wish to locate meeting minutes from 1995 to 2005, you can find that information in our archive section
· Agendas for upcoming meetings (including links to items for discussion) are linked to the City’s homepage.
· The City’s municipal code can be found here. Every effort is made to keep the online code up-to-date. But some very recently approved items may not yet be part of the document.
· The website also contains a search function on the homepage.
If you require information that you cannot locate on our website. Please contact us to make a request for information:
FOIA Request Contact Information
Email (preferred): email@example.com
Phone: (630) 454-2000
Fax: (630) 454-2001
Mail: FOIA Request
100 N. Island Avenue
Batavia, IL 60510
No special form is required to make a request, but your request will be able to processed optimally if your request contains the following information:
· Your Name and Organization
· Multiple forms of contact information (ie email, phone, address, fax)
· A detailed description of the information you are looking for.
The City is required by law to respond to your request within 5 business days in most circumstances. If you have any questions about our Freedom of Information Policy, you can contact us at (630) 454-2000.