Businesses Open During Construction
Please remember that no businesses are closed due to the Houston Street Project. The Popcorn Depot, Open Range, Depot Museum, the Professional Building and all the businesses on Island Avenue are all easily accessible at all times, though you may find yourself waling just a bit further for a parking space. Please cross your fingers for continued good work weather.
Houston Street Update
As the end of the project nears, current activities have been included, along with work scheduled for the weeks of November 2 and November 9:
- Abbey is nearly finished pouring concrete in the section of Houston Street between Water Street and Island Avenue, and all the planters have been completed. They will be working on the section between Water Street and Batavia Avenue pouring sidewalks and driveway aprons.
- Rainmakers Irrigation is on site installing valve boxes in the planter islands and constructing the control cabinet.
- Thorne Electric is on site to pour the last few street light pole foundations. They will return when the light poles are received to start pulling wire and installing street lights.
- Breezy Hill is currently on site installing brick pavers in the fountain plaza area first and then moving to other brick sidewalk sections at the intersections. They will be on site at least 2-3 weeks to complete all the brickwork. Breezy will also be starting landscape restoration the week of Monday, November 2.
- We anticipate clean up preparations for the final lift of asphalt to occur Monday, November 9. The final lift is being installed Tuesday, November 10, and striping will follow. We are planning to have the entire roadway and some of the sidewalks open by Friday, November 13, weather permitting.
Please note that there will be brickwork and street light work occurring beyond Friday, November 13, that will impact some parking stalls, require intermittent lane closures, and impact intersections when work is being done in those locations, but this work will be isolated.
Please click on the link below for the Batavia Chamber of Commerce “Weekly Digest” highlighting the week’s events and any chamber news.http://conta.cc/1SdehDd