The City of Batavia's recommended Halloween trick-or-treating hours are from 3 to 7 p.m. Oct. 31. As a reminder, Halloween is not a City of Batavia holiday. Please check back for Halloween trick-or-treating safety tips from the Batavia Police Department.
Below are some recommendations to help make trick-or-treating a safe and enjoyable experience for all our young witches and goblins. Please note, the City of Batavia's suggested hours for trick-or-treating are from 3:00 p.m. until 7:00 p.m. on Monday, October 31, 2022.
1. Walk in small groups, not alone.
2. Bicycles and skateboards should be left at home.
3. Younger children should be accompanied by adults.
4. Costumes should not restrict vision.
5. Use stick-on reflective material generously.
6. Carry a flashlight if out after dark.
7. Only give or accept wrapped or packaged candy.
8. Parents should examine candy carefully before children are allowed to eat it.