Get REAL in Batavia
Batavia Flag Day Ice Cream Social is June 11
The third annual Batavia Flag Day Ice Cream Social will be held on Sunday, June 11 from 2:30-6:00 on the Batavia Riverwalk in downtown Batavia. Special activities this year will include
- Walking parade from River Street (2:30) to the Riverwalk, led by Scouts, to kick off the festivities; everyone is invited to join in wearing patriotic red, white and blue colors and decorating their bicycles, strollers, etc.
- Flag Ceremony conducted by local Boy and Girl Scout troops
- Ice cream sundaes and other yummy treats for sale provided by the Batavia Creamery, Fernando’s Kitchen, Pal Joey’s
Music provided by the Batavia Community Band, Batavia High School band/choral ensembles, and Orange Star.
An historic flag display sharing examples of flags that have flown over Batavia from 1833 to today will be on view in the City Council Chambers
- Winners of the Paint Batavia Red, White and Blue house and business decorating contest will be announced later in the afternoon and awards presented
- The Depot Museum will host flag folding demonstrations
- Renderings for the proposed Batavia Flag Day Memorial honoring Dr. Bernard Cigrand, the father of Flag Day, will be available to view on the Riverwalk