Batavia Fire Department Videos
Following is a series of videos that will take you inside the Batavia Fire Department (BFD). Each video will focus on a different aspect of our department and the various job responsibilities of Batavia Firefighters. Do you know the difference between an Engine and a Truck? And why is a truck company so important at a fire scene? Learn more about what we do and why we do it.
Training - School Bus Crash
In January of 2013, a simulated bus crash was held at Rotolo Middle School. This drill tested the response of the Fire and Police Departments, and also served as a preparedness drill for the school and students.
Inside BFD - Firehouse Cooking
- 2 rolls of your favorite sausage
- Black pepper
- Stick of butter
- Your favorite biscuits – baked per instructions on the package
- Preheat oven for biscuits
- Cook sausage rolls fully over medium to high heat. Mash the sausage into crumbs.
- After sausage is cooked, put biscuits in the oven and set your timer.
- Turn heat down to medium. Leave the sausage grease in the pan.
- Add milk to cover the sausage, approximately half the pan.
- Add flour to the mixture, spoon by spoon. Mix in with the milk and sausage to your desired consistency. You may have to alternate between milk and flour.
- Add a stick of butter to the pan and mix in.
- Continue to stir gravy until consistency desired is reached.
- Add pepper to taste.
- 1 1/8 of teaspoons salt
- 1 cup of nuts
- 1 pound of butter
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 2 1/4 cups of brown sugar
- 2 1/4 cups of granulated sugar
- 2 1/3 teaspoons of baking soda
- 4 1/2 cups of flour
- 4 1/2 cups of oats
- 5 eggs
- 6 ounces of chocolate chips
- Cream eggs, sugar, butter, and vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients except for oats to creamed mixture. Mix well.
- Stir in oats, chocolate, and nuts.
- Use an ice cream scoop to place 4 scoops on a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees until flattened and brown.
View the recipe from the Genius Kitchen website.
- 1 onion
- 3 bell peppers
- 4 habanero
- 4 jalapenos
- 5 pounds of tomatoes
- Cilantro (1/2 package to your taste)
- Wash all vegetables.
- Remove stems from tomatoes.
- Slice remaining vegetables into manageable pieces. You can remove seeds if desired.
- Mix all ingredients in the food processor to the consistency of your desired salsa.
- Drain in colander and place in mixing bowl.
- Add sugar, salt, and pepper to flavor
- Serve with chips