You Should Know...
The City of Batavia establishes ordinances designed to protect the quality of life for its citizens. Some ordinances which could directly affect you are listed here. Also listed are a few State of Illinois laws which you should also be aware of. Please call the Batavia Police Department at 630-454-2500 if you have any questions or concerns.
Important Telephone Numbers
- Batavia Chamber of Commerce: 630-879-7134
- Batavia Government Center (City Hall): 630-454-2000
- Batavia Park District: 630-879-5235
- Batavia Police Department: 630-454-2500
- Batavia Teen Center: 630-761-1664
- Batavia Township Offices: 630-879-1323
- Kane County Judicial Center: 630-232-3400
- Kane County Sheriff's Office: 630-232-6840
- Kane County State's Attorney: 630-232-3500
- Secretary of State – Aurora: 630-896-1911
- Secretary of State – Elgin: 847-697-2100
- Voter Registration: 630-232-5990
Peruse bicycle and skateboard rules in Batavia.
In addition to the ban on hand held devices, Illinois prohibits texting while driving.
Find out more about false alarm fees in Batavia.
Read through the following laws that pertain to school zones.
You will need to fill out a permit if you are wanting to hold an open air demonstration or parade / procession.
Check out the times when you can park without penalty in Batavia.
Residential solicitation in the City of Batavia is authorized by permit only.
The City of Batavia has water conservation regulations in order to ensure that there is a continuous adequate water supply for drinking, bathing and fire protection.