For the Children
Some of the fastest and most convenient ways to communicate can also be used in a negative manner against our children. Cyberbullying is using that technology to harass, humiliate, or threaten another person using the internet or a mobile device such as a cell phone. The Illinois Attorney General's Office has established a website to fight cyberbullying that includes the latest news and statistics, frequently asked questions and an e-info hotline staffed by the Attorney General's internet safety specialists. Understanding the motives of cyberbullies can assist parents and professionals in developing effective prevention and intervention.
You may also call the Juvenile Officer at the Batavia Police Department at 630-454-2500 for additional information.
The Batavia Police Department recognizes that parents face special challenges when their children become teenagers.
The Batavia Police Department assigns a full-time liaison officer to Batavia High School during the school year. The officers work with the students, along with teachers, administrators, counselors, and other staff to ensure that the school building is a safe and secure environment for learning.
Rules for Teen Parties
- Alcohol should not be served or allowed
- It is unlawful for any person to give alcohol to a person under 21 years of age
- An adult should be present throughout the party
- Anyone who leaves the party should not be allowed to return
- Be awake when your teen arrives home
- Contact parents of the party-giver
- Emphasize the time your teen will be home
- Encourage small parties, with invited guests only
- Know how your teen will get to and from the party
- Notify your neighbors beforehand
- Set guidelines beforehand
Remember that Curfew for persons under the age of 17 is 11 p.m. Sunday through Thursday and midnight on Friday and Saturday.
Police Department Tours
We are always happy to try to accommodate school groups, daycare facilities, and scout groups with tours of the Batavia Police Department. The Batavia Police department is a 24-hour operation. Due to the increase in activity on weekends, we schedule tours on Mondays through Thursdays, after school and early evening. Tours during school hours are scheduled according to the availability of police personnel. To schedule a tour, please call the Batavia Police Department at 630-454-2500.