The City’s Human Resources Department supports the over 200 full and part-time employees who work to make this community function smoothly. Human Resources is responsible for providing the City’s operating departments with assistance and direction as it applies to employee recruitment, employee relations, performance management, as well as guidance in the administration of organizational policies and federal and state regulations. Additionally, Human Resources handles all areas of benefits administration, classification and compensation management, personnel records retention, labor relations, and training and development.
Our goal is to attract and retain the highest quality employees possible to serve Batavia’s 26,000 residents. Current openings are listed online, or you may call us for details regarding current openings with the city at 630-454-2070. The City of Batavia is an equal opportunity employer.
Human Resources assists various departments in negotiating and administering collective bargaining agreements with employees who are represented by a union. The City of Batavia has six unions: Illinois FOP Lodge Number 224 (Police Patrol Officers); Illinois FOP Lodge Number 224 (Police Sergeants); I.A.F.F. Local Number 3436 (Full-Time Firefighters and Lieutenants); I.B.E.W. Local Number 196 (Streets); I.B.E.W. Local Number 196 (Electric) and Teamsters Local Number 673 (Police Records Technicians and Community Service Officer).
- Current FOP Patrol Officer Contract 2019-2021 (PDF)
- Current FOP Sergeants Contract 2019-2021 (PDF)
- Current I.A.F.F. Fire Contract Wage Reopener 2018-2020 (PDF)
- Current I.B.E.W. Electric Contract 2019-2021 (PDF)
- Current I.B.E.W. Street Contract 2019-2021 (PDF)
- Current Teamsters Wage Reopener 2018-2020 (PDF)
- Current Teamsters 2018-2020 Contracts (PDF)
- Current IAFF Local 3436 Contract 2021-2022